Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I taught her something

Maybe this is a stupid thing to be excited about but I don't care. I feel like Sammy has finally learned something from me versus doing things that are instinctual. Rolling, crawling, standing...these are all things a baby does as they grow. Sure they may learn by example but inevitably, they'll do it regardless for the most part.

Years ago when I interned in preschool and kindergarten classes, I picked up a simple little jingle that was often used to get the kids quiet on the carpet. It goes:

Open, Shut Them, Open, Shut Them (while opening and closing your fist)
Give a little Clap, Clap, Clap (clap hands with each word clap)
Open, Shut Them, Open, Shut Them (again while opening and closing your fists)
Lay them in your Lap, Lap, Lap (guess what you do now, lol, you got it...lay them in your lap)

Well a couple weeks ago Sammy starting opening and closing her hands all the time so I started singing this song to her. She LOVES it!!! There are certain songs that will stop crying/fussing at any moment and put a smile on her face. The Itsy Bitsy Spider, Little Bunny Foo Foo and now this one...it's obviously the hand motions that go along with them.

Anywho the whole point of this is that last night her and I were enjoying a little playtime together and I began to sing this song. When I got the the "clap clap clap" part, what do you know but my little girl clapped right along with me in perfect unison. I got Steve's attention and did it again and she followed right along again.

OMG my baby girl is growing so so fast, I'll try to get this on video asap!

#6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never knew what parents meant when they said kids grow up so fast. Now that I'm a parent I completely understand. I guess the moral is enjoy every second!